Tuesday, August 28, 2012

3 months and waiting....

It really hasn't felt like 3 months....I thought each month would go by slowly but God has been good and graciously given me peace about all of the details.
We had our fingerprints done about a month ago. So we are waiting on all of that to be approved.  Until that takes place or we get a referral, there is not a whole lot to report except my emotions.  It seems the last several weeks I have had this deep yearning or longing for my sweet child, Tuckers sibling, the child that will make our family a family of four.  I can not wait.  It's a feeling that I didn't really grasp before when adoptive parents would talk about hurting for a child they did not know....well, I get that now.  I am missing my baby.  I truly have a heart that aches for my child.  That is one more reason I know God is in this.  He has connected my heart with this child already.  I pray and journal everyday that God will miraculously make this time move fast.  Or that Korea will change things and time frames will be shorter.  I want to be with my child.  
I went to see "The Odd Life of Timothy Green" Sunday evening with my mom.  It was such an amazing story.  I had a knot in my throat the majority of the movie, at the very end I cried like a baby.  If you have seen it, then you know why.  I wont spoil it for you all that haven't!! :)
My sweet friend Lindsey Gerdes has been an amazing mentor for me.  She gets it.  She adopted a sweet girl a few years ago...so she understands these emotions that are hard to explain or for some one who hasn't gone through adoption, to understand.  Thank you Lindsey!  God put you back in my life at the perfect time.  You are truly a blessing to me.  

I am already preparing....compiling a list of things we will need.  
Gotcha Day photographer, 
gifts for our agency, SW, etc
care packages to send to our child when still in Korea
the list goes on and on.....
Yes, I am sure this is all a little premature, but it helps pass the time.  

Prayer Request:
Our child
Their birthmother
foster parents
health/protection of our child
our patience in all of this
Korea's changing laws...that they will get them figured out and get on with the referrals and EP's for this year
attachment to us
travel to Korea? 

Many more and I will post those soon. 
Thanks to all of you who continue to pray and text me encouraging words.  I can not tell you how great it feels to have you all supporting us.  

And to our precious child~  WE LOVE YOU!!!  WE WILL BE THERE AS SOON AS WE CAN!!!


1 comment: