Monday, May 21, 2012

A few different thoughts for the day....

I've been pondering a lot lately about "the wait".  It just comes with adoption....waiting.  You get another milestone taken care of and then you wait....another milestone, then wait.  It can turn into frustration or you can chose to serve God and bring Glory to Him while you wait.  I'm going to chose to serve.  Wow, as I'm writing this, I'm realizing the magnitude of what I'm saying.  I know there will be days that I want to cry and scream in frustration but God knows.  So please hold me accountable and remind me that this is much bigger than me and my timeline.

We completed our International Adoption Workshop a few days ago.  It was great information and refreshing to see the other families that have embarked on international adoption.  We began the workshop by telling our story, what brought them to adoption.  We each had stories, some were heartbreaking.  Some were living out a calling, the Great Commission, as one couple described their journey.  I was humbled by amazing God fearing, obedient people.  We all had one thing in common......we were obeying God's calling to love bigger and deeper.

I am scared.  I am really scared.  I feel Satan trying to tell me, you can't do this.  Think about how hard it's going to be.....BUT, I know Gods truths and His promises.  So when Satan tries to stump me or bring me down, I remember and know.

I've been warned about people saying some pretty ridiculous things to you when adoption becomes part of your life.  I had my first episode yesterday.  When I told this sweet lady we were adopting her face looked so sad....like she felt sorry for us that we HAD to adopt.  Let me clarify something just in case anyone thinks we are sad or heartbroken by this amazing God ordained decision....WE ARE NOT!!!  We are thrilled and beyond excited.  I am so humbled that God chose our family to love this way.  It's not disappointing to me at all.  I mean that.  Jerrell said to me yesterday that no matter if we had more biological children, we would adopt.  This is what we are called to do.  Not because of any other circumstances.  So please, do not feel sorry for us.  Be excited to see what God has in store.  Take this journey with us.

1 comment:

  1. AMEN sister!! Keep on keeping on!! Judgement is placed when people do not understand, they are not involved, or they can't be apart. God has called us all to a journey of love. None will look the same lived out other than the effect if will have on the lives loved! Thank you for being obedient to go where HE is leading!! Praying for your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete