Sunday, April 22, 2012

Can I get an AMEN??!!

Isn't it amazing when you embark on a journey that God has called you to and along the way He continues to reinforce that you are on His path, the only path, the right path.  Well, that is what happened today.  It was one more way God has made this adoption very clear.  That is all part of His perfect plan.  Jerrell and I have been looking for a small group......well, we haven't actively looked.  But, we were definitely thinking about it. A friend told us about a small group they were going to try so we decided to join them.  We have been very hesitant in the past....making excuses, etc for not trying some out.  So, this was a good big step for us.  The lesson was awesome.  At the end we did the normal prayer requests.  I am not one to share too much information when I am out of my comfort zone.  So, I kind of nudged Jerrell and said, "Should we tell them so they can be praying?"  He spoke up and shared the beginning of this journey with our new small group.  Its what God did next that has me literally blown away and amazed at HIS amazing perfect timing.......
When Jerrell and I finished giving the run down, we then learned our small group leaders had recently finalized their adoption.....from......KOREA!!!!!!  I at that moment wanted to  say, "God, are you kidding me?"  I was so humbled that our amazing Father cares so much about this whole process that he would bless us with a couple that we can share this journey with.  They can mentor us through.  Thank you Jesus.  What a mighty God we serve.  I refuse to look at this day as a mere coincidence......this was God's perfect timing.  He is perfect.  I love my precious Savior.  He is so sweet.  

10 comments:

  1. Brooke you are right. There are no coincidences, only the plans of our wonderful sovereign God. I stand in awe of what the Lord has done and is doing in your life. HE has big plans for you and will continue to open all the doors to bring you this baby that was meant from the beginning to be a part of your family. We commit to praying for you, Jerrell, Tucker and this new one to come. We love you ~ Kat and Kyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kat! I appreciate your sweet words. Love you and thanks so much for the prayers.

      Delete
  2. I was told a few weeks ago.. "there are no coincidences only God incidents!" Whoop whoop, that is enough to make you want to say Hallelujah!! I love hearing how the Lord moves among us!! His plan IS perfect!! Oh and Amen, Amen, and Amen!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very true Kim! I like that. Thanks for sharing. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh Brooke, I am so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. I am so excited for ya'll! I can't think of better people for God to bless a child's life with. I'll be praying for a smooth adoption process so you can have your little one here as soon as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Julie!! We appreciate the prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your faith amazes me. I get chills when I think of the similarities we share in our feelings and our experiences. I love you and am so happy for you. I will always pray for you. Thank you for your support. I treasure you!

    ReplyDelete